Canadian Hearing Services (“CHS”) - the parent company to CHS Global Partnerships for Research & Innovation - is the country’s leading provider of professional programs, services and products that enable Deaf and hard of hearing Canadians to overcome barriers to participation. It is the largest organization of its kind in North America, and holds the prestigious designation of Accreditation with Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada. Building on its 81-year history following a remarkable and ambitious transformation, CHS has become a modern, progressive and professional organization well-positioned for growth, and fully executing growth strategies both nationally and internationally.
With multiple locations and hundreds of employees, CHS offers a complete roster of end-to-end essential and leading edge clinical and social services, as well as Canada’s most robust and expansive digital provider of hearing health related products and services. E-commerce, Audiology, ASL Interpreting, Captioning, Employment and Counselling Services are all foundational to the Canada-wide and international offerings for which CHS is renowned.
With a new brand identity and strategic plan, Canadian Hearing Services (CHS) has created a new role for a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), who will be responsible for:
- Strategically visioning and leading all branding and marketing initiatives for all CHS products, clinical services and business offerings, across all forms of media.
- Generating revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising, and public relations.
- Leading and executing the planning, development, and execution of CHS’ national digital marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Shaping, expanding and building the digital reach of our brand both nationally and internationally.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) must be:
• A forward-thinking, experienced leader who is responsible for creating and ensuring the execution of CHS’ marketing vision. Able to understand trends and identify strategic and purposeful opportunities. Capable to pivot and innovate in terms of direction for marketing, sales and business growth.
• Motivated to create a bold and inspiring new creative platform that will catapult the CHS brand forward, while energizing internal and external audiences, clients, donors, funders and partners.
• An experienced and visionary brand builder and marketer that will take CHS to new heights in both domestic and international markets.
• A skilled leader and motivator, ensuring the organization's message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences to meet sales objectives.
• An executive who understands that branding is at the core of our marketing strategy and has senior level experience creating specific tools and tactics that will build consumer loyalty.
• Passionate about marketing and can balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen while leading people through complex marketing operations.
• Determined to ensure CHS’ branding development and marketing efforts are successful in helping it outperform competition.
• Has a proven track record, with demonstrable results, in marketing and strategy implementation within an agile environment in a rapidly growing organization.
Service - You consider both Internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients' needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs of the clients and enhance the customer experience. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Canadian Hearing Services to become a trusted advisor and partner.
Execution - You are forward thinking, committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on "getting things done", as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes.
Collaboration - You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization.
Leadership - You lead your team and provide regular direction, guidance, coaching, and motivation, all while striving for peak performance. You assist them in overcoming obstacles through additional resources, removal of roadblocks, and providing the level of support required for their success. You delegate and deliver feedback based on the in-depth understanding of your individual team members.
Key Areas of Accountability and Success:
• Exceptional knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, various marketing techniques and platforms.
• Understanding of business & revenue development through Brand & Digital Marketing.
• Your key responsibilities will include managing all marketing operations, assessing and improving existing initiatives, and devising new strategies to increase revenue.
• To be successful in this role, you will be able to tailor marketing strategies to complement the organization’s objectives.
• You will have excellent leadership and communication skills to successfully provide guidance to your team, and you will have a vast knowledge of current marketing trends.
In this role, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) understands that communications is critical to creating awareness and inspiring action with key stakeholders. Communications leadership includes all media and public relations activities to both internal and external audiences. The CMO will develop and execute high impact media, public relations and thought leadership communication strategies and plans, elevating the impact and visibility of CHS’s programs and overall brand.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business Administration
• Advanced degree in Marketing or Business (MBA) is preferred
• 10+ years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility
• Proven ability to lead, design and coordinate marketing campaigns across traditional and modern channels
• Experience working with various marketing tools relating to market research, data analytics, website development, product branding, visual communication software, written communication, and public relations
• Deep understanding of branding, marketing trends, storytelling, and emerging digital solutions
• An illustrated history of success in large, complex organizations at a senior level, and at times, working within a virtual environment
• Successful track record in digital transformation and/or innovation
• Previous success leading a transformative, customer centric strategy
• Tech-savvy and future focused. Able to assess new concepts and technologies and determine which would be transformative for the organization
• A track record of progressing new ideas, processes, and strategies across a large, matrixed organization in support of business goals
• Strong strategically, but with an execution focus and results orientation
Occasional travel may be required.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations along with your resume.
CHS requires you to be legally eligible for employment in Canada (Proof of legal ability to work in Canada will be required if a contingent offer of employment is made.)
Vaccines (COVID and others) are an employment requirement at CHS unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CHS will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
CANADIAN HEARING SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION HIRING PROCESS FOR DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING APPLICANTS.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
CHS Global Partnerships for Research & Innovation has an opening for a Supervisor of Research Services. Reporting to the Director of Research Programs, the Supervisor of Research Services will be responsible for providing operational, analytical, and financial support in proposal processing, contract and grant administration, and budget development including pre-award proposal submissions, management of funds post-award, and closeout activities. This role will also be responsible for database management and sub award/subcontract issuance and administration.
The position involves activities associated with forecasting, planning, and managing of research submissions by performing some or all of the following: coordinating and identifying and developing and/or presenting proposals, contracts and other agreements; reviewing proposals to ensure organizational compliance; negotiating, administering and monitoring contract and grant awards, including compliance with regulations, terms and conditions; financial management and reporting; database management and sub award/subcontract issuance and administration.
This will be a permanent, full-time position working Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree with a master’s degree preferred. You have a minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated work experience in project management and administration, ideally within a research, academic, or health care setting, and are comfortable designing and implementing systems to collect, maintain, and analyze data including budgets. Supervisory or management experience would be preferred. You also have exceptional communication skills, which enable you to translate complicated scientific concepts for a range of audiences.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and can easily adapt to changing needs and circumstances, including keeping up to date on current regulatory guidelines, and can handle a busy environment including managing a varied workload with competing priorities and deadlines.
CHS Global Partnerships for Research & Innovation is a non-profit organization with a purpose to advance research and innovation that improves the quality of life for Deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Its parent company, Canadian Hearing Services (CHS), is the industry-leading provider of services and products that enable Deaf and hard of hearing Canadians to overcome barriers. In 2021, CHS achieved Accreditation with Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada making it the first national organization serving Deaf and hard of hearing Canadians to earn this distinction.
CHS Global Partnerships for Research & Innovation requires you to be legally eligible for employment in Canada (Proof of legal ability to work in Canada will be required if a contingent offer of employment is made.)
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CHS Global Partnerships for Research & Innovation will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
CHS GLOBAL PARTNERSHIPS FOR RESEARCH & INNOVATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION HIRING PROCESS FOR DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING APPLICANTS.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org